Following a shout out for talent the festival is almost here. It starts on 2 June and runs until 10 June. There will be around 90 events in all, covering pretty much every art form from music, to theatre, to fine art, to dance and beyond.
Most of the events are free and will take place in venues across Brockley, Crofton Park, Honor Oak Park and Ladywell.
- Opening Night Concert – Grab a drink and join the revelry as we kick off the festival in style with a fantastic evening of live music outside Brockley station.
- Brockley Max Beer Launch – The London Beer Dispensary unveil their new pale ale brewed exclusively for The Brockley Max festival. It launches at £2 a pint.
- Brockleywood Nights – An al fresco film night under the stars, showcasing locally made video shorts.
- Art in the Park – A glorious afternoon of entertainment for the entire family.
- Do I really look like that? – Martin Rowson, top cartoonist and satirist, will guide you through the art of caricature.
- La La Piano Bar – Soho meets Brockley via New York in this glittering and riotous night of cabaret.
- Faeryland – A fun, fast paced introduction to Shakespeare for children aged 3-8.
- The Day The Patriarchy Died – Discover why as JustJones& present an evening of informal performance and chat at the Ladywell Coroner’s Court.
Brockley Max is an annual, community arts festival run by volunteers. The focus is on giving a platform to the huge wealth of local creative talent.
They are upping their commitment to diversity and are actively trying to recruit more over-55’s volunteers. If you are interested contact Brockley Max directly.
The full festival programme is available on their website.