Are you someone who would be interested in becoming a foster carer?
Sunbeam is a well-established Independent Fostering Agency registered with OFSTED and is currently recruiting foster carers in the South London area.
If you are interested in becoming a foster carer with Sunbeam Fostering Agency, we would like to hear from you. If you are not interested in becoming a foster carer yourself, but know someone or a family who would be, please also contact us. If the person or family you recommend to us becomes an approved carer and receives a placement from us as a result of your recommendation, you will receive a financial reward from Sunbeam to thank you for your recommendation.
Foster Carer requirements:
- A spare bedroom.
- Maturity, physical and emotional stamina.
- Ability to see beyond children’s behaviour and link it to past trauma where applicable.
- Empathy and ability to nurture children traumatised by separation from birth families.
- Ability to work with a child’s parents, Local Authority, Sunbeam and other professionals.
- Previous experience of fostering and/or involvement with someone who has fostered.
- Experience of working with children in a paid/unpaid capacity or parenting.
- A commitment to attend training events and support groups.
- A willingness to support a young person’s attendance at therapy, provision of transport if necessary.
- Availability during the daytime if a child needs requires it, and to attend meetings and training opportunities.
We offer a wide range of training and support to our foster carers including:
- UP TO £550 P/W FOSTERING ALLOWANCE PAYABLE TO OUR FOSTER
- 24 HOUR/365 DAYS A YEAR SUPPORT SERVICE
- COMPREHENSIVE TRAINING PROGRAMMES
If interested in becoming a foster carer with Sunbeam, please do not hesitate to contact us to arrange a visit from one of our staff members to discuss further.
Only legitimate candidates need apply, no calls from recruitment or marketing agencies will be accepted